Our top priority at Creative City Public Charter School is providing the best education for our students. Our teachers and staff constantly strive to create an engaging learning environment that encourages students to try new things. Our play and place-based approach to learning (in which students spend time learning outdoors and indoors) provides our K-5 students with the tools needed to succeed. We guide young learners toward becoming strong and confident individuals who impact society positively.
If you've been curious about a charter school, especially Creative City, this blog will highlight the top 10 reasons to choose us.
10 Reasons to Choose Creative City
1. Creative City is a small, family-oriented K-5 charter school. We ensure every child gets individual attention and the support needed to thrive. Our school is close-knit with a limited number of students; every child is known by name. We make sure our curriculum is challenging, and our approach to teaching is hands-on.
2. Students are active participants in learning at Creative City. We go beyond the traditional classroom approach to bring kinesthetic, visual, and auditory learning experiences.
3. We value art and infuse it into our day-to-day instruction. We teach our students to think differently--independently--and to find their unique voice. Creative City students are encouraged to use their imagination, which also helps them become more curious about the world and better problem solvers.
4. Our principal and staff are dedicated to creating an incredible student experience. We believe educational success comes from collaborative relationships built on mutual respect and trust. Our students know that when they come to Creative City, it is a safe space.
5. We provide a well-rounded education. Our students study music, art, theatre, dance, language arts, math, science, history, geography, and physical education. We nurture our students and help bridge learning gaps by engaging all of our students with opportunities to learn in ways that best match unique talents and abilities.
6. We are a tuition-free public charter school! Unlike private schools with heavy tuition, Creative City has no cost to enroll. We offer similar benefits to a private school, such as smaller class sizes, outdoor learning, special field trips and plenty more!
7. Our teachers are constantly looking for ways to empower our students and support educational goals. We know that elementary school years provide the foundation for lifelong learning, and we make daily efforts to keep students challenged, engaged and happy in their learning environments.
8. Our staff and student populations are diverse. We have created a multicultural learning environment. Every Creative City student knows every person can teach and learn from each other.
9. We know that children and families have varied needs and interests. Our no cost after-school programming offers interest-based clubs and activities such as step team, chess, robotics, art club, drum ensemble, and more. We also offer the option for extra academic help after school.
10. We use play-based learning for our kindergarteners. Our program includes a generous block of time for child-directed play each school day. We believe that young children learn best through play.
Creative City offers a high-quality education in a fun environment! Visit our website, or find us on Facebook. We are committed to helping our students thrive. Enroll your child today!
About Creative City Public Charter School
Creative City Public Charter School is a dynamic K-5 elementary school with caring educators. We engage our students in a placed-based learning environment using the city of Baltimore as a cultural and civic foundation. Our approach is creative yet challenging; and our tuition-free public school encourages out-of-the-box thinking alongside the pursuit of each student’s personal, highest academic potential. Enroll your child today!