Providing the best education for our students is the daily mission of teachers and staff at Creative City. We build lasting relationships with our students and make each scholar feel seen, confident, and capable of high achievement. At Creative City, we work hard to inspire our K-5 learners to become engaged thinkers and creative problem solvers. There are many reasons students feel at home at Creative City: small classes, caring teachers, passionate administrators and more.
1. Teachers at Creative City give wrap-around support to all students. We know that students who flourish in early education often become happy, confident and successful life-long learners. Teaching emotional intelligence and logical thinking is at the center of our curriculum.
2. We take account of each scholar’s individual learning styles and needs to ensure we strengthen math and literacy skills daily. Teachers at Creative City understand that a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t work.
3. Our faculty and staff provide a welcoming school climate that supports all students. We have a high level of transparency with families, ensuring open communication about academics as well as student social-emotional development. Our low student-to-teacher ratio allows teachers to get to know each child individually and give insights every step of the way.
4. Our teaching style is unique and proven to work. We use art as a learning tool to help our learners understand the limitlessness of creative potential. Whether bringing in professional artists to collaborate on historically-informed murals or immersing students with music programs that teach about different cultures, our students learn about the world around them. We help students understand the connection between what’s outside and inside our school doors.
5. Our scholars learn about local and global communities, how our choices affect others, and concepts such as humility and gratitude. Our students achieve at high levels due to our high expectations and individualized instruction. When children feel supported, they can enjoy school and achieve academically.
6. We use play-based kindergarten. This approach takes advantage of student-directed play as a learning opportunity. Play-based learning helps kindergarteners build strong social and communication skills. Teachers and other classroom helpers engage with students during this time to connect our curriculum, challenge thinking, and identify each student’s emerging interests. We engage just enough to help students learn, but not so much that we solve problems. Creative City teachers guide students in defining healthy social relationships.
7. We teach students the value of always being compassionate, kind and respectful. Our teachers cultivate virtuous character, applying our belief in service to others to our students’ education every day. We reinforce this in our classrooms and at special events such as MLK Day of Service.
8. Creative City teachers love the field of education. We have a nurturing faculty that encourages lifelong learning and motivates students to try new things and work hard. Our staff enjoys bringing out intellectual strength in each child to change the future positively.
9. Our faculty embraces the philosophy that our strength lies in our diversity and commitment to building an inclusive community. We help our K-5 students grow everyday through both strong academics and multicultural learning.
10. At Creative City, we value the importance of exploration. Our curriculum engages and develops students' thinking and reasoning skills. By encouraging our students in our K-5 classes to question, observe, and explore, our elementary students become proficient at expressing unique perspectives in imaginative ways.
Creative City is a tuition-free public charter school serving grades K-5. Our teachers collaborate to provide a rich, engaging curriculum that prepares our students for middle school and beyond. We are a fantastic choice for early elementary education and would love to welcome your child to our school. Contact us today to learn about open enrollment!
About Creative City Public Charter School
Creative City Public Charter School is a dynamic K-5 elementary school with caring educators. We engage our students in a placed-based learning environment using the city of Baltimore as a cultural and civic foundation. Our approach is creative yet challenging; and our tuition-free public school encourages out-of-the-box thinking alongside the pursuit of each student’s personal, highest academic potential. Enroll your child today!