Do you want your child to attend a school where they are supported, nurtured and encouraged? Creative City Public Charter School (Creative City) students get an education designed around their unique needs. Our small class sizes create a more personal environment where each student matters while providing an atmosphere that fosters creativity and builds academic skills.
Here are 10 reasons why you should choose us!
1. Our students come first. As a close-knit K-5 charter school, we believe that all students can be successful learners with the right support in place. Our faculty works to meet the specific needs of each child and provide the personalized attention every student deserves. There is no one-size-fits-all for learning, so we ensure our curriculum is varied, and our approach to teaching is hands-on.
2. Our classrooms are centered around play and place-based learning, where students use creativity and critical thinking skills to solve problems and reflect on their processes. Place-based learning emphasizes the connection between education and our local environment and we leverage the richness of Baltimore to infuse cultural aspects into our learning. Our play-based approach makes class time more fun by using students’ natural curiosity about the world.
3. We offer free before and after care. We understand that parents need flexibility; that’s why we offer before and after care at no cost!
4. Art is a key component to our daily instruction. We help students to think independently and imaginatively through artistic programs that encourage unique expression like music, painting, drawing and more.
5. We are a small, family-oriented school. We nurture our students like family. We work together to find strengths and weaknesses, and encourage each student to thrive in our creative environments. Whether through our “Story Time” sessions or “Kindergarten Chefs,” we work with young scholars to achieve goals, while focusing on academics, character-building and fun.
6. Our teachers are highly qualified and dedicated to meeting the needs of each student. We have a certified teacher in every classroom and our staff collaborates to provide challenging instruction to every Creative City learner.
7. We focus on character development and social-emotional learning. Creative City provides opportunities for social-emotional learning and character building to help our students develop healthy habits that will serve them throughout their lives.
8. We offer a fun and balanced education. Our students study core subjects like math, language arts, science and history. They also explore music, art, dance, geography, and physical education. Students learn in ways that align with their strengths, interests and abilities.
9. We provide opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's education. We invite parents and family members to join us for special events like our science fair, book fair and more! We also encourage parent volunteers in the classroom and at our school-wide activities.
10. We are tuition-free! As a tuition-free public charter school serving grades K-5, we work hard to create a dynamic environment of discovery where children can learn at their own pace. For more information or to enroll, visit our website at www.creativecityschool.org.
About Creative City Public Charter School
Creative City Public Charter School is a dynamic K-5 elementary school with caring educators. We engage our students in a placed-based learning environment using the city of Baltimore as a cultural and civic foundation. Our approach is creative yet challenging; and our tuition-free public school encourages out-of-the-box thinking alongside the pursuit of each student’s personal, highest academic potential. Enroll your child today!